These references accompany the page of Seasonal Affective Disorder.
- Higgins, ES. A review of unrecognized mental illness in primary care. Prevalence, natural history, and efforts to change the course. Archives of Family Medicine 1994;3:908-17.
- Mersch PP, Middendorp HM, Bouhuys AL, Beersma DG, van den Hoofdakker RH. Seasonal affective disorder and latitude: a review of the literature. J Affect Disord. 1999;53:35-48.
- Lurie, SJ, Gawinski, B., Pierce, D., and Rousseay, SJ. Seasonal Affective Disorder. American Family Physician. 2006; Nov 1: 74(9):1521-1524. Retrieved January 19, 2012 http://www.aafp.org/afp/2006/1101/p1521.html
- Golden RN, Gaynes BN, Ekstrom RD, Hamer RM, Jacobsen FM, Suppes T, et al. The efficacy of light therapy in the treatment of mood disorders: a review and meta-analysis of the evidence. Am Psychiatry. 2005;162:656-62.
- Levitan RD. What is the optimal implementation of bright light therapy for seasonal affective disorder (SAD)?. Journal of Psychiatry and Neuroscience. 2005;30:72